Monday 30 March 2009

the medium is the massage

Napster, and a few other suppliers, now supply quite legally a subscription-based music service. I can now pipe my choice of six million tracks (and counting)  into my living and dining rooms for slightly less than £10 a month. As many tracks as I can listen to from the worlds finest artists - bar a few notable exceptions to prove the rule of course. 

Last week in my house the world changed. Last week the world in my house changed. What do I do with the space where my CD collection used to be? What do I listen to next? 

Ah, but is the bitrate/compression ratio/voiceprint technology of hifi quality, I hear you ask?

Who cares, I reply. 

A dream came true that I never even knew I'd dreamt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.